Monday, August 24, 2009

REASONS TO LOVE PORTLAND, OREGON

I am a new member of the Pacific Northwest Community.  Specifically, I am a new Portland citizen as of May 23rd, 2009. 
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY ENJOY IT. 
A big believer in "everything happens for a reason," I am certain that many of the occurrences in past year that have led up to this day were supposed to happen in my life. A little over a year ago, I was meant to have my first night shift as a server so that I could bring the two timer combo to then a stranger, now my boyfriend, best friend, significant, roommate... insert any other word that involves a loving relationship as you wish.  I was meant to walk into a yoga class two years ago, where I would fall in love with the ability of the body and mind to move together, so much that I decided to make it one of my life passions. It is no coincidence that my college graduation would bring a rare gathering of much of my family, including my lovely cousin who encouraged me to go through with the nutrition program that I am enthralled in today. 
Most of all, I was meant to move to Portland.  Initially moving north to follow love, I had no idea that I would find a city that spelled out opportunity for yoga and nutrition, with a few added ingredients: gorgeous hiking, a myriad of local farmers and talented artisans that have established daily farmers markets, biking everywhere you turn, delicious cafes and restaurants at every corner, a music scene that never stops. I could easily keep going, but rather than giving you a simple summary of the city built on peace, love, and fixies, I want to give you readers a chance to see what I mean. Here is a long list of links that I think you would benefit from checking out if you live in Portland, have plans to visit Portland, or have no interest in Portland at all... because these links will change your mind.







No comments:

Post a Comment